Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Recycled Windows

So I am OBSESSED with old windows!!! There are just so adorable! My lovely boyfriend got me one for my birthday and I am so excited to finish decorating it!! He got it at our local indoor flea market for $10.
my window
Okay, so yea it needs a little work, but hopefully by the time Chris and I are done with it, it will look something like this:





I am making mine so 3 panes are on the top and 3 on the bottom. The top 3 will be left alone, and the bottom 3 are getting black chalkboard paint, pictures, and cork board pieces.

I'll make sure to post pictures once we have our final product.

I also can't wait because Chris' mom, Jen, is having a friend of hers make me a table out of an old window for my late birthday present.
how cute is this?!
I am so excited to put it in Chris' new house (and soon to be mine as well, only 1 more year!!!!)

No doubt, when Chris and I get married, we WILL have old windows as decorations. You can do so much with them and they give that old rustic vibe.
Style Me Pretty
 Elizabeth Anne Designs
Style Me Pretty
So remember, don't look at things as them being old and worn, look at them in a way that makes you think, 'What could I do with this?'

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. How supportive of your boyfriend to your obsession, Danielle. A $10 old window for a girl, is so sweet and unique. Actually, I have a friend named Lenneth who is also obsessed with recycling old windows. As a matter of fact, I helped her turn her old window into a Spongebob and Patrick picture frame last week, which is currently hanging on the wall in the kitchen.

    Herb Koguchi

    ReplyDelete