Monday, May 7, 2012

Red Hot Chicken and Flowers :)

Weekend posts are going to be my weak point....never enough time to get on the computer and write one lol

On Friday, I decided to make my boyfriend Chris lunch at his house. We both LOVE Gibble's Red Hot Potato Chips (if you love hot stuff, you HAVE to try these!)
So I found a recipe for Potato Chip Chicken but instead of using regular chips, I decided to use Red Hots.
Now, I'm not much of a cook (what am I saying, I don't cook at all), so this was quite an adventure for me. The recipe was really easy and the entire house smelt like garlic. YUMMM :)
To my surprise, the chicken turned out really well, and it wasn't hard to cook. Chris liked it, so that's always a plus lol. But we did have trouble with the baked potatoes. :/ I kept getting scared that they were going to explode in the microwave because they were making noises.
The chicken was actually better the next day, it was just a weird color because of all the seasonings from the chips. But it was mighty tasty :) On Saturday, I worked 8-4, and my car is currently missing some parts and is out of inspection, so my dad doesn't want me running it all over the place. So Chris had to pick me up from work.
I have NEVER gotten flowers as a surprise and for a "get because" reason. They have always either been from my parents for graduation or from Chris on Valentine's Day because I flat out told him I wanted some.
Well I opened the truck door, and much to my surprise, there was Chris, holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a card.
The whole 25 minute ride back to his house, I couldn't stop smiling. :D Only problem, when we got to his house, we had no vase. So, a Mountain Dew bottle served the purpose.


Now to get back to school work; 2 finals and a presentation stand between me and summer vacation!!!

Happy Blogging :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment